Selected Media Coverage:
Munoz et al. (2015) PNAS:
- Smithsonian Channel (US)/Channel 5 (UK) – Ancient Mysteries: America’s Hidden Pyramid City. Blink Films
- Nature News – “Floods might have doomed prehistoric American city” Emma Marris
- Saint Louis Public Radio – “New insights into the curious disappearance of the Cahokia Mounds builders” Durrie Bouscaren
- National Geographic News – “Mississippi floods shaped rise, collapse of prehistoric city” Kristin Romey
- UW press release – “As the river rises: Cahokia’s emergence and decline linked to Mississippi River flooding” Kelly Tyrrell
- Discovery News – “City’s Mysterious Fate Explained by Flood” Becky Oskin
- National Geographic News – “Did a Mega-Flood Doom Ancient American City of Cahokia?” Glenn Hodges
Munoz et al. (2010) PNAS:
- USA Today – “Climate shifts change paleo-indian cultures” Elizabeth Weise.
- Columbus Dispatch — “Climate had a role in changing cultures” Bradley T. Lepper
- Boston Globe – “Climate, culture linked in prehistoric Northeast” Carolyn Y. Johnson
- ScienceNow – “Did climate change drive prehistoric culture change?” Michael Balter
Recent & Upcoming Talks:
- December 16, 2016: “Extreme Mississippi River Floods in the Late Holocene: Reconstructions and Simulations” American Geophyiscal Union, fall meeting, San Francisco, CA. Session H42E: Shifting Extremes: Understanding Hydrological Events for Societal Benefit.
- November 10, 2016: Panelist for community screening of Before the Flood. Redfield Auditorium, Woods Hole, MA.
- July 16, 2016: “The Past, Present and Future of the Mighty Mississippi” WHOI Summer Student Lecture Series. Woods Hole, MA.
- June 17, 2015: “New perspectives on the rise and fall of Cahokia: A prehistoric city on the Mississippi River” Wisconsin Alumni Association, Wednesday Nite @ the Lab, 7:00-8:15 pm, UW Biotechnology Center, Madison WI.